What are your plans for flightsimming?
Dj,

honestly, if you're really up to detail, do yourself a favour and go PSX.

You will be "limited" to the various ( many ) variants of the 744, but you will have a 2nd to none simulation of the real Boeing 744 like no other sim ( less the LevelD ) or add-on can offer... ( PMDGs are a toy compared to it... )

If you feel limited by the visuals, then since you own X-Plane, you can use it with a 2nd monitor or computer / monitors, to complement the excelling cahracteristics of Aerowinx PSX with plausible World visuals ( there are also variants for P3D ).

As far as the Airbus simulation goes, unfortunately, FSLabs, FF A320 and Toliss A319 are all pretty much buggy / limited in even basic aspects, as you will sometimes find in my posts at their forums... There's only one other way to go, but it's expensive and has a small team behind, and a lot of bugs to solve, although it is the only throrough simulation of an Airbus and it's FULL systems for a desktop / laptop - Airlinetools A32x

Been there, done all of that - too old to continue getting the joy I used to take from playing those sims :-/

IRL I've been flying for almost 39 year ( 39 in October 31 ), but my interest for flight simulation began with fs2, and progressed through about 30 yrs till now. Was a dedicate MSFS user, used XP since it's first version available around 1993, then many others, some of them almost unknown to most simmers, like IFT-Pro, LAS-VFR and even RTS-Pro the precursor ALSIM as it is today... Some combat sims too in my long list.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are your plans for flightsimming? - by jcomm - 10-06-2019, 10:51 AM