Microsoft Force Feedback 2 modded with CH Fighterstick

Microsoft Force Feedback 2
Modded with CH Fighterstick

I've always been a fan of the Microsoft Force Feedback 2 but it obviously lacks buttons to fly modern jets or helicopters. That limitation was however solved by this smart MOD(ification) that combines a MS FF2 and a CH Fighterstick. There is one electric plug and two USB connectors. The flightsim programs recognize two separate joysticks. I was lucky enough to have met 'Falcoblu', an italian tinkerer who sold me the device for a good price! Bigsmile

(12-23-2017, 02:10 PM)Simicro Wrote:
Microsoft Force Feedback 2
Modded with CH Fighterstick

I've always been a fan of the Microsoft Force Feedback 2 but it obviously lacks buttons to fly modern jets or helicopters. That limitation was however solved by this smart MOD(ification) that combines a MS FF2 and a CH Fighterstick. There is one electric plug and two USB connectors. The flightsim programs recognize two separate joysticks. I was lucky enough to have met 'Falcoblu', an italian tinkerer who sold me the device for a good price! Bigsmile
Hi,
I just came across this thread in my search for combining MS-FFB2 w/ CH fighter/combat stick. I'm looking to have the CH stick handle & programmable abilities w/ the MS-FFB forces. Additionally, I'd like to shorten the CH stick as the hat switches can be a bit of a long travel for my thumb.

Could you please provide more information? I would be willing to pay for the service to combine the two sticks so long as they are working w/ the CH programming ability.

Thanks,
HB
Hello HB,

I cannot help you directly because I bought this combo 2 years ago from a guy and I am not technical. The CH part can still be programmed by the CH Manager. But of course the CH base cannot since the base is a MSFF2.

What I can do is ask the vendor to come here and talk with you.

What sim are you flying mate?

(06-25-2019, 11:05 AM)Simicro Wrote: Hello HB,

I cannot help you directly because I bought this combo 2 years ago from a guy and I am not technical. The CH part can still be programmed by the CH Manager. But of course the CH base cannot since the base is a MSFF2.

What I can do is ask the vendor to come here and talk with you.

What sim are you flying mate?
I'm currently trying to get back into flying Il2 Grand Battles. I would really appreciate having instruction on how to build it myself. However, I'm not adverse to possibly paying for this mod. It would also be nice to know if it's possible to create "fighterRunt".

I have trouble using rudder pedals due to injuries, so a "twisty stick" ,which is part of the MS-FFB, is required.

Thanks Simicro
Hello,

I emailed already to the guy but maybe he is on vacation.

I will try again Wink

(07-04-2019, 06:40 AM)Simicro Wrote: Hello,

I emailed already to the guy but maybe he is on vacation.

I will try again Wink
Wow!! That was quick. I appreciate the effort buddy.

I recently bought a Logitech X56....big mistake. It's a decent stick, but IMHO, it just lacks the ability to program actions like CH Products nor the comfortable feel of the MS-FFB.

HB
You are most welcome, I know what it is when you really desire something Wink 

It is really impressive how they cut the CH FighterStick seamlessly to make a FighterRunt! I'm interested but I'm not a DIY guy Laugh 

Please note that my modded stick (CH + MSFF2) has no twist (rudder) axis.

I don't know what your injuries are but maybe it would be easier for you to use PRESS rudders (like in a helicopter) instead of usual PUSH rudders (like in a plane).

The VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals are PRESS excellent rudders. I have them. See my comments here

Maybe you should subscribe to this thread by clicking on the link at the lower left corner of the page:

That way you can choose to receive an instant email notification when there is a new post (especially from the guy who sold me the modded stick).

Those push pedals look ideal except for the cost ;) Makes me now wonder if I could mod my old CH pedals that have been collecting dust for years.

I'm subscribed.
Unfortunately I do not know other PUSH pedals than the VKB Sim.

I've sent another PM on the DCS forum to the guy who sold me the modded CH/MSFF2. Maybe he is on vacation. I'll inform you as soon as I get a reply from him.