Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
(07-19-2019, 01:15 PM)Simicro Wrote: The new FS2020 might be on a subscription per month basis and not a one shot buy. As I understand, the graphics rendering will not be performed on our machine, but on a big cloud computer at MS.

Regarding addons in "closed circuit", there are pros and cons. Me too I like the DCS way: it's simple, there are not too many addons and everybody is on the same boat. On the other hand, if the MSFS series had been in "closed circuit", I'm not sure we would have PMDG level aircrafts as we speak today. And the flightsim landscape would be totally different.

As everybody, I am stunned by the FS2020 videos ans screens. But honestly I am not in a hurry because I am fine with P3D. Especially that I have invested in P3D addons.

Can you post some link to more in depth information about the monthly payment and cloud computing? I'm trying to find something but I had no luck.

One thinking, only to general knowing. 
Cloud computing and monthly payment means three very important things. Piracy is absolute impossible with cloud computing and we need a veeeeery high performance and stable intenet connection (try to imagine a long hold flight and an internet connection cut). I'm not saying that piracy is good but the target of the FS2020 is highly reduced. To add to this, a monthly payment exclude a lot af people, so this reduce the target. Hardcore sims are few, extremly low target compared with the more traditional games.
It's hard for me to believe that, if this is true, FS2020 will replace P3D or XPlane for this reasons. Yeah, its graphically awesome, but a flight simulator is going to be a succes if third parties comes into the game, and if there is not enough people to buy stuff, third parties will not develope a 3-4 years of development product.
I believe it'll come standalone, allowing maybe for cloud based scenery areas if you want more detail.

I would like to have an option to install a "fixed base of operations" of my choice. In my case it would be LPMN and the Alentejo region of Portugal where I do most of my rw soaring.

I use - these days - mostly War Thunder, and although I haven't dug  into details about how the great scenery areas and populated skies are made available, I believe most of it is cloud based too, and works beautifully in my rather old PC :-)

I really hope FS 2020 will run too, my only problem being that unless it comes with something like MS FLIGHT offered - Aerocaches, Challenges and Missions - I will not find much to do with it :-/   Long away go the times when I like playing being an airline pilot, running the SOPs like a pro, standing for hours in front of the desktop... 

Anyway, it doesn't take long for us to find more about what's coming ;-)
Thinking a little bit more, and reading what you wrote, I only can imagine FS2020 as a Fly Game for everyone, not a hardcore sim to reproduce real SOPs.
Shame if this happends but well, I'm really happy with XPlane, Zibo and Flight Factor, so for now I don't need it.
(09-30-2019, 11:36 AM)Dj_Evola Wrote: Thinking a little bit more, and reading what you wrote, I only can imagine FS2020 as a Fly Game for everyone, not a hardcore sim to reproduce real SOPs.
Shame if this happends but well, I'm really happy with XPlane, Zibo and Flight Factor, so for now I don't need it.

Some more News here:

https://www.helisimmer.com/articles/hand...lator-2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj8h6yibHHc

Honestly, and as much as I would like to see X-Plane flourish along the years that it took for Austin to now, a little bit at full gas / in a hurry, trying to put things into the FDM that should have been there for ages, giving hears to all of those ( like me ) who gave him so so many hints, truth is X-Plane is going to lag so much behind this new version of MSFS that I really fear it might come to an end.

As far as P3D goes, it's probably going to get PMDG as a platform adopter, and I haven't seen any commentaries from PMDG lately regarding FS2020... I don't see a bright future for P3D either - unless for those who spent thousands in it... and those who are probably tied to some 3pds...

There's for now an exception though - helicopters!  There is yet no plan for those in FLIGHT SIMULATOR. They may come later, but not at release time. For that DCS does a good job, and XP tries to approach it... AEFS2 I didn't try the R22.
Well, I have to say that I'm only interested in "Study Level" airplanes like PMDG, FSLABS, Zibo and FF. So I hope them to use FS2020.
I read in your link that there will be a completely offline mode (graphically not so good). So now I'm more interested than ever in FS2020 if there is no pay sibscription for that offline product.
World & Weather devs interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDTT3oxArLI
Thanks, I have not listened to the interview yet but the take off of the DR400 in the last minute is breathtaking!

Since the announcement od MSFS2020, the number of addons released for XP by quality payware developers (eg. Orbx) has dramatically increased. And reversely for P3D! Doh

A post, today at AVSIM from me after cooling down the Emotions :-)

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/56011...ller-view/