Reality XP GNS and GTN units
Tony, et al, I wonder if you guys own any of the RealityXP units for P3Dv4 ?

If so, with which database are these packed when bought from Flight1?

Is it possible to upgrade the Nav Database on these units using Navigraph, and if not, what options are available?

Thank you!

EDIT: Just found a thread at AVSIM about : https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/49790...ta-update/

So, basically, in the FSX / P3D and XP platforms if you go RealityXP or Mindcraft you have to pay quite a deal, specially if RealityXP, unless you're good to fly with a rather outdated NAV database.

Same actually applies to ELITE and ELITE XTS, where Garmin updates will cost you $350+

The only platform where a very acceptable and easily updated version of the Garmin exists happears to be XP11 where you have very acceptable renditions of the GNS430 and GNS530 for free - maunals here: https://x-plane.com/manuals/G530_Manual.pdf

You can then use Navigraph subscription which will update every database, XP, FSX and P3D for around €30 / year.
(08-19-2019, 12:51 PM)jcomm Wrote: Tony, et al

There's only me here Wink

(08-19-2019, 12:51 PM)jcomm Wrote: I wonder if you guys own any of the RealityXP units for P3Dv4 ?

If so, with which database are these packed when bought from Flight1?

Very quickly, you are talking of 2 things: GTN 750/650 by Reality XP and GTN GTN 750/650 by Flight1.

If you want to purchase I recommend Reality XP.

... I'll come back later for more...

You cannot update the GTN with Navigraph. The Reality XP has a newer database than Flight1. Also Reality XP has more functionalities. I see more and more users going from F1 to Reality XP.

My bad Tony, and I did know Reality XP pretty well some good years ago ... But I thought RealityXP and the Flight 1 products were the same - ELITE uses the Flight1.

Yep, they're both not updatable through Navigraph, and the same applies to the Mindstar product.

Thx for the suggestions Tony!

No you're not alone - there's the two of us :-) and a lot of unidentified chicas from allover the World who know we are here :-)
(08-20-2019, 08:39 AM)jcomm Wrote: No you're not alone - there's the two of us :-) and a lot of unidentified chicas from allover the World who know we are here :-)

Laugh

Reality XP has been inactive for many years and resumed activity about 3 years ago. During that time, Flight1 took market shares and they were alone on the GTN/GPS market. But Reality XP strikes back and has regular products updates! Reality XP products are more expensive but better (in functionalities).

Please do not forget: if you see major PSX or ELITE updates concerning graphics and especially the cockpit/panel, please inform me.